Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The Start of the New Year

Song Of The Day- Death Cab for Cutie - Transatlanticism
Currently Feeling- Motivated

Well first off, Merry Xmas and a happy new years! 2006 wasn't the greatest of years but alas it's over. I won't lie, the end of 2006 couldn't have gotten worse but it has also motivated me to make the most of 2007. Before I start I have to give off a proper farewell to Captain Mallow....It's odd because I never really talked about him a lot but he did mean a lot to me. He died a day before my physics final with the most probable cause coming from he ate something poisonous. Anyways I did keep his death pretty quiet because for the most part, I don't think i wanted to hear anything from people. Anyways I definately didn't do well last semester. The classes were hard, but there was also lack of focus that cost me. Also i can single out a single day that really screwed me over. I'm not going to say what it was but I had a decision and I didn't get my priorities in order and i paid for it. Also I got a ticket the day after my last final for going 82 in a 75. It was pretty lame too because majority of the time i was only going 80 (because it was late at nite and i was just cruising). Anyways i'm actually going to court about it to try to get it thrown out. Also I didn't get to say bye to Tawni, i didn't even know when she was leaving until the day after.

However, while it did seem quite bleak, i think i do see light at the end of the tunnel. I think some stuff that has transpired during the break will allow me to refocus on school. So i think if I can keep that focus, I can go for the elusive 4.0. Also i'm still in search for a pharm tech job, it appears as if i won't get one close to home so alas i have to broaden the radius search.

Anyways during the break, i've just mainly hung out around phx, played around on my new computer. I went to CA for new years. Honestly at first i didn't have much hopes for it since both Chris nor John were gonna be there. however, i ended up having quite a fun time. I have also approved of Marianne's bf. He's a cool guy and i believe he truly likes my sister which takes priority in my book.

Anyways i'm going to cut this blog short because i have some stuff i have to do. But before i go here are some of my new years resolutions, in no particular order

1. Finish out the rest of college strong (4.0?)
2. Be more social (unlike last semester)
3. Be more determined in what i have to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home