Saturday, November 19, 2005

Movie Reviews

Song Of The Day- Juelz Santana - There You Go
Currently Feeling- Somewhat Productive

Sorry still no picture of the day.....i just haven't been able to integrate taking pictures on a constant basis into my daily grind i call life. Anyways ya i haven't updated in a couple days. Reason being busyness as well as I haven't been in the mood to write. Anyways i'll run through the past couple days.

Thurs
I pretty much worked on homework for most of the day. I wrote my essay then Frank and me went to Costco and we got some food for the apt. Then around 9 Aditi, Sarah, John, Bottcher, and me went and got in line to see Harry Potter. We had to wait about 3hours before the movie started. In that time, we did a plethora of things to pass the time. We played bullshit, Go Fish, then i went and talked to Vicky for a while cuz i needed some advice and insight that only she could give me. Then after an hour they let us into the theater but we still had to wait two hours til the show started. Bottcher and Aditi were trying to figure out the number puzzle in the Daily Wildcat as well as the crossword puzzle. Sarah and me played the MASH game and if i remember correctly, I lived in a house married to Eva Longoria with 4 kids driving. I worked as a pharmacist, driving a Mercedes Benz CL55 AMG, our honeymood in New Zealand. Then to kill even more time, i prank called Aditi (she was sitting 3 seats away from) pretending to be her stalker......haha she fell for it to for a little until she saw Sarah and me cracking up.....haha......then we prank called Michelle pretending to be Aditi's stalker....haha she ended up calling Aditi sounding really worried that the guy was really stalking her.....haha.....Anyways sometime after that the movie started......

My Review of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
First off it is a darker movie than it's predecessors but for those who read the books, it shouldn't come as a surprise. A lot of things were left out of the book but they did a very good job with the time they had (2hrs 30mins). I thought they did a particularly good job (Spoiler) when Harry and the corpse of Cedric return to the stadium and the initial reaction of the crowd and how the mood goes from joyous to somber. The only thing that really stood out to me is that the actors seemed off in their age. It just seemed kinda wrong but after looking it up their ages are really only off by a year or 2. I think if it's possible (which it won't be) they should try to keep the actors together. The reason for this is these movies give viewers a pathway to an alternate reality and familiarity is essential in creating that enviroment. By changing the actors, it hurts that perception.....but alas with 3 more books that haven't been converted yet and each movie taking about 2 years more or less, there will be no way in hell that they will be able to keep the actors unless they decide to start making the movies back to back.......But back to this movie, it was very nicely done and i'd give it a 4.5/5.

Fri
After the movie, i ended up staying up doing some homework but crashed at 6AM only to wake up at 7:30.....i ditched religions but when to my WestCiv discuss to turn in my paper. I then went to Ochem but i didn't have an opportunity to talk to the girl because she bolted right after class. I ditched math and had lunch with Michelle. we had chic fil-A and then i walked her to work then i walked around campus. I then went home and crashed and woke up around 6. I watched the suns game before going out to dinner with the girls minus clarice. We went to applebees and then we decided to watch Saw II. We went back to my place to pick up Jason and we went to ghetto theater. Clarice met us up and i had to front *Michelle, Clarice, and Sarah*...

My review of Saw II
The movie was a lot more violent than the first only because it showed more. I thought that the plot was weaker because there was less plot development and seemed to fall that most sequels make by overdoing what made the first good. For instance, in the first you followed generally the two characters, Adam, and Lawrence....In this movie it's mainly the cop and jigsaw but then you have 8 characters that are trapped in the room. This leads to weak character development and a bloody massacre of majority of these characters. In fact i don't even realize why have those people were there. The movie isn't bad and storyline wise it is a lot smarter than other slasher films. This movie pales in comparison to Se7en and the first Saw however......3/5.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home