Wednesday, January 26, 2011

New Years Resolutions!

Song Of The Day- LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem
Currently Feeling- Sleepy

Happy New Years everyone!!!!!! Well now that i got that out of the way, it's January 26th 2011 and I have decided that one of my new years resolutions is to start writing in my blog again....maybe not to the extent I did it back when I was younger, but the idea of looking back on the blog to actually see what i was thinking back then is pretty interesting to me. Not to mention, it's a good stress reliever and some days, it feels like I don't have an outlet to vent on.

So what better way to start off my first 2011 post than to talk about my new years resolutions. I currently have 4 of them to which i'm having my dear friend Vicky hold me accountable to following. After thinking about it even longer than i have, i have decided to add a few more secondary ones. Before I get to it, i feel 2011 is going to be special. For the first time, I feel like i see my life taking form. Come 2014, i will be out of pharmacy school and hopefully ready to start a family (or at least be in position for). That's why this years new years resolution i'm taking very seriously. I feel like they will better me for the future while not changing the person I am. So without further ado........

1. Become more selfish

So have you ever done something you didn't want to do but someone else wanted to do it so you do it to make them feel better? Well that is what i mean by being more selfish. I think i can call my self a decent guy, but often find myself sacrificing a little of myself for other people. Now by this, i don't plan on becoming a major hard ass, but I need to really evaluate some of the things i do and why i do them.

2. Take more chances

I don't know when this became part of my personality but ever since i was really little i have always been scared of failure/rejection. Maybe it's because i'm too scared of failing or what will happen if i don't succeed but it's really debilitating. Personally I think it's stopped me from a few life-altering decisions. The most recent one I can think of is where I went to pharmacy school....I mean the situation i'm in now is great....good friends, close to home, etc but I think a reason why i didn't fight so hard to get out of state is because arizona is safe. I mean the only school I wanted to go to bad was Washington but when i found out i didn't meet the curriculum requirements it felt kind of crushing.....but that is all in the past and there is nothing i can do about it. What i can do is make sure i'm prepared if or when the time comes for me to decide where to plant my roots. I'm still set on moving to the pacific northwest and i have made sure that all my ducks are in a row so that nothing stops me from accomplishing that goal.

3. Improve my study habits

Last semester I did great but naturally i'm not a good studier. Part of the reason why it's important for me to improve my study habits is because I don't want my job to be about my paycheck. I want to be able to give my best to ensure i help everyone who comes to me. I look to my mentor and pharmacist Rudy, he is respected by customers at our store, people ask for him by name...that's something I hope to one day achieve.


4. Make good friends, but don't forget about your old ones

Like i said earlier, I have made a lot of good friends in pharmacy school. I feel like i can relate to them on a lot of things and i feel like myself which is always a good thing. However, that definitely does not depreciate the value of my old friends. My friends have been there for a lot and they are still the people i trust the most. Yeah it's kind of hard because I feel our lives have taken a different path. Jason and Steph are married, maybe starting their own family soon. Adam is engaged and he has changed so much from the bowl hair buddy i met in high school. Haha that change is actually pretty bittersweet. Adam has always been the one to go out and do something crazy and i'll miss that, but at the same time his growth is good for where he is going. And then there is Frank and Moses, they have always had my back I don't think that'll change. Then there is Vicky who always seems thousands of miles away. Judging by the pattern of life, by the time i move to Seattle/Oregon, she will probably have gone halfway around the world. I guess the point i'm trying to make in all of this is, my friends who have been with me for forever, I can't lose. In fact, i'm hoping to try to keep in touch with Michelle, Aditi, Emily, etc who i have neglected to reach out to.

So there are my main new years resolutions. I feel like every year I feel like the new year will always be better than the last. However those reasons are always because I feel like the previous year wasn't good so I was looking at it negatively. This year will be different....I feel it in my bones.....

Random Thoughts.......

- One of my good friends reminds me of my dad. The guy is really smart, he's got a great girlfriend who is in love with him, and he's a really sociable guy. However, he's extremely lazy, he doesn't seem to have his priorities in order, and the way he treats his GF sometimes kind of disgusts me. I actually told his girlfriend about the similarities i noted and told her to make sure she keeps him in line. So why am I writing about it? Well it really isn't any of my business but both of them are really good friends of mine and seeing my parents relationship deteriorate the way it did, i don't want the same thing to repeat themselves with them.

- The start of pharmacy school had opened my eyes to single life to the point where i told Vicky that I am enjoying single-life a lot. That hasn't really changed but speaking to Rudy has kind of re-opened my eyes to long term. It seems like every month he takes his family out to disneyland or he's doing some sport or activity with his son. That's something that i really admire and hope to have one day. Now that doesn't mean i'm on a hunt to get married but it does kind of put things in perspective for me. Not to mention, everyone i know is getting married....but we'll see, as life as always showed me, things always happen when you least expect it.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home