Friday, April 17, 2009

Nice Guys Finish Last......Big Surprise

I just got home from grading. It was brutal, the one thing i tend to forget is when i drink coffee, I get anxious, and I drank way too much coffee today. At the end of the night, it felt like an out of body experience. Also some of the TA's bother me. I consider myself patient and in most situations I can handle most personalities. However when I'm locked up for an extended period of time, I start to lose it. Case in point, some TA's seem to just absolutely love to hear their own voice. By the time it was all said and done, hearing them talk was like scratching on a chalkboard.

Now that i finished venting a bit, I read an article that was on the front page of yahoo. It was entitled "Dating Question: can a guy be too nice?"

http://dating.personals.yahoo.com/singles/datingtips/85967/dating-secret-exposed-why-nice-guys-finish-last

I guess its not new information. The phrase nice guys finish last has been around forever. However, reading it, I couldn't help but want to punch myself but it seems to match me to a T. I can't even remember the last time i said no to Kim. So i guess, how can i expect to respect me if I have no self worth in that sense. Maybe it's too late, but part of my new "reboot" will involve this too. I mean, it seems at time, she doesn't respect me and I guess the article is right and i can't really blame her.

So I mentioned a "reboot". Well i guess i'm just trying to improve myself and my situation. Like i wrote earlier, i've been in a slump for awhile. So far the plan is to eat healthier, keep the apt clean, workout more, i'm whitening my teeth, etc.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

You should let me be you're life coach. We can turn things around. Yes we can!

12:26 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

Oh no. Bad idea. Don't let Jason talk you into letting him run your life! I'm with you on the whole reboot deal. I too can benefit from a little self improvement. This is Steph by the way...

1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home