Thursday, December 17, 2009

Winter Break

Song Of The Day- Puff Daddy - Senorita
Currently Feeling- Happy (for a sad reason)

Winter break 2009........time is going by so fast. I've been kind of stressed lately although oddly, it has little to do about pharmacy applications which i just recently turned in. It has mainly to do with my job as the mastering chemistry teacher. It's just stressful, end of the year and hoping everyone got their grade transferred. It's one thing, someone getting a bad grade because they deserve it, but it's another thing for them to get a bad grade based on a clerical error. The problem is that there are 2000 students that i have to work on so there is a lot of pressure, for me at least.

Another thing is i'm in charge of 3 different labs. One of which i took over the last few weeks. In that class i've gotten 3 students begging for a grade bump. To be honest i don't remember 95% of that class. So i won't be doing any grade bumping.

So the next topic is my pharmacy application....Currently i'm not really stressed about them right now...mainly because i finished them early. If all goes well i should hear from them about next month. So by next month if i don't hear anything i'll be quite stressed/depressed. But until then i won't let it get the best of me. As for the school i'm applying to, well I have UofA, midwestern (glendale), University of Oregon, University of Illinois, and the 2 washington schools. It's hard to say what my top choice is. On one hand it would be really cool to live somewhere new, but on the other hand the idea of moving everything across the US seems quite unappealing. Not to mention this year has been a very odd year for me. A lot of my friends from Tucson have gone on to do their own thing and what i've found is i'm lacking a lot of good friends out here in Tucson. At the beginning of the year, I hung out a lot with Jase before he went to training. You coudl say I have Galen and Liana but it's different with them, not that they aren't good friends, but it's them and me...the dynamics of it is just different than lets say jase/steph/me. Maybe it's my fault i put myself in this position. It's not like i haven't had opportunities to hang out with different people, but i think it's just my nature where i would rather hang out with a couple close friends, then hang out with people i'm not as connected with. But then again, i guess you have to start somewhere. I guess i'll have a lot of thinking to do this break on where i would go if all things fell my way.

Kind of along this topic, i find myself spending a lot of time in Phoenix lately. I think it all has a lot to do with the same reasons listed above. But it's been cool kicking it with family, Moses and Adam, and Tonka. Like i've always said, I think i best judge a friendship on how i can hang out with them in dull situations. Like i know for a fact that i can hang out with Adam, Jase, Frank, and Moses doing nothing but watching TV and be fine with it. The same would apply to other people i consider close with. Like i don't feel compelled to come up with something interesting to say, it's relaxing.

The last tidbit that i wanted to talk about is of an article i read on yahoo a little bit ago that kind of hit home to me. I can't find the exact article but it had to do with manipulative people in relationships. I don't want to specify who, but someone fell into this category almost word for word. The sad thing was, hanging out with this person, in the back of my mind i kind of figured this out, but maybe i'm just to gullible or i'm just so susceptible to it that i just didn't peace it together. Anyways i believe i learned my lesson from it, but i also remember saying that once, and i fell back into it.

Random notes.....

Although this blog seems more like a collection of random thoughts, there are still a couple i don't know where exactly to place them including:

- I am hooked on the show Dexter, i dunno what it is but it is extremely entertaining to me, i'm engulfed into the show but sadly i'm almost caught up.

- the reason for me being happy is the fact that i was able to get push email on my phone.....yes its the small things in life.

- Another big thing for me this year has been holding on too much/waiting too much for things.....Maybe if things are to be they will find a way, but i don't think i can put things on hold for wishful thinking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home